Friday, September 02, 2005

Thoughts... Church at the oikos level...

Church must begin at home... at the level of 'oikos'. It must begin in my home and flow out from there. If our family is not living the peace of God, we cannot give anything away. This is why we resort to programs and pulpits! Imparting life takes time and energy. Programs and Pulpits are predictable, people are not. This is why we are quick to go to someone elses home to have a meeting, because our home is not peaceful.

A thought...

2 Comments:

Blogger loren said...

Church at home is a good idea. I sometimes wish I was less involved at my own church so I could go back to this. I have before, but it only seems to last for a while.

12:23 AM, September 03, 2005  
Blogger Youth and Family said...

Loren... I understand. I had a dear old 90 year old friend say something to me the other day that stopped me in my tracks...
"Bill...you know something...It (church) started out in houses... it is going to end up there."
Blessings to Wes Franklin for the encouragement that day. May God lead and guide you as you search for direction. You may want to check out some of these books, "Mega Shift", "Simply Church", "Open Church". Roger Thomans blog has some great resources.
http://sojourner.typepad.com/house_church_blog/

12:30 AM, September 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home